Internal Medicine is the medical speciality dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic internal diseases. Using sophisticated imaging and endoscopy, we are able to undertake staged investigation of gastrointestinal complaints, such as vomiting, regurgitation, diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy and biopsy
- Tracheobronchoscopy and bronchoalveolar lavage
- Rhinoscopy (rigid and flexible, anterograde and retrograde) and biopsy
- Ureteroscopy (in male and female dogs and female cats)
- Foreign body retrievals (airways, oesophagus, stomach and urogenital)
- Thoracoscopy and laparoscopy
We offer a comprehensive range of rigid endoscopic procedures from ovariectomy and biopsies to pericardiectomy. We also offer laparoscopic and thoracoscopic-assisted techniques (e.g. gastropexy, intestinal biopsy, urolith removal).These are just some examples of the Internal Medicine surgeries we undertake at Vet Referrals.